Good day, people of Scottsdale! It’s me again, Geoff Campbell, your host of the Scottsdale Daily. Have a wonderful weekend!
First, today’s weather:
Welcome to the weekend weather; it’s beautiful! Today will be mostly sunny with a high of 82 and a low of 58. Get out there and enjoy!
Here are the top stories today in Scottsdale:
- Two hundred and sixty new upscale units, Waterview Residential, on the corner of Scottsdale and Camelback Roads, will be constructed by McShane Construction Company following its selection by Stockdale Capital Partners, according to reporting in AZ Big Media. Jim Kurtzman, senior vice president at McShane, was quoted in the piece, “We’re thrilled to work on our first project for Stockdale Capital Partners [and] we’re confident that our vast experience in multi-family construction will enable us to bring their vision to life.” The facility will include underground parking, lots of amenities, a pool, and many deck spaces. Completion of the Studio One Eleven design project is slated for a Sept. 2023 opening. (AZ Big Media)
- You have waited for a very long time to discard those broken or obsolete computers, cell phones, televisions, and so on. Well, today is it! According to City Sun-Times, “Scottsdale residents can properly recycle electronics… at a free City of Scottsdale hosted Electronics Recycling Event, Saturday, Oct. 9,” at the Scottsdale Civic Center beginning at 8:30 a.m. Don’t keep that detritus hanging around — it’s hazardous and proper disposal is safer for everyone. And, don’t bring your cathode ray tubes, batteries, or fluorescent lightbulbs! Can’t do it today? The next one is Saturday, Dec. 4, 7:30 a.m.–2 p.m. (citysuntimes)
- Four of the top 15 outdoor dining venues in Metro Phoenix are located in Scottsdale, according to reporting in AZ Big Media. Ready to venture outside following a long hot summer? Bourbon Steak at the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess; Orange Sky in the Talking Stick Resort; Diego Pops in Oldtown; The Montauk in Oldtown are on the list of the best places to eat al fresco. So don’t wait another moment — get out there this weekend. (AZ Big Media)
Today’s Scottsdale Daily is brought to you by Newrez, a leading nationwide mortgage lender. Newrez is committed to providing Patch readers and their loved ones with hassle-free mortgage services. Make a smart move for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to connect with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS #3013)
Today in Scottsdale:
- Scottsdale Amateur Radio Club – October Ham Radio Hamfest —Fender Parking Lot. (7 a.m.)
- Shredding Event —Scottsdale Civic Center. (8 a.m.)
- Electronics Recycling —Scottsdale Civic Center. (7:30 a.m.)
- Starlight Arts -Creative Movement & Beginning Dance. — Scottsdale Neighborhood Arts Place. (9 a.m.)
- Open Arts Studio —Scottsdale Neighborhood Arts Place. (12 p.m.)
From our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
- Estate Planning Seminar —Anthem Civic Building. (Oct. 11)
- Taxes in Retirement Seminar —Goodyear Recreation Campus. (Oct. 12)
- Taxes in Retirement Seminar. (Oct.13)
- Estate Planning Seminar—Queen Creek Library. (Oct.13)
- Ask the Divorce Experts – Scottsdale, Arizona Hub ~ No-Cost Webinar. (Oct. 14)
- Estate Planning Seminar —Foothills Recreation and Aquatics Center. (Oct. 19)
- Add your event
You’re officially in the loop for today. I’ll be back on Tuesday with a new update! If you’re into these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to read along. You can send them this link to subscribe.
— Geoff Campbell
About me: I live in Scottsdale; I am a freelance writer, published both in print and on the web. Following a 40-year career as a teacher, administrator, and coach, now committed to education in the broadest sense possible.
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Scottsdale Daily? Reach out anytime to email@example.com.